In our new Globe Trotter series, Viral Travel reviews all the best places to see, eat, and stay at, in every country of the world!
This week we visit: Estonia
A wonderful small country in the Baltic region of Northern Europe, Estonia is probably best known for its capital Tallinn, an excellent starting point for a first time visit to the country. However, there are also many other beautiful cities and towns that boast amazing architecture, breath-taking nature, landscapes and beaches.
- Tallinn. One of the most awe-inspiring attractions in the country’s capital is definitely the 15th century Old Town that is famous for fascinating architecture and landmarks such as the Alexander Nevsky Cathedral, the Dominican Monastery, Helleman Tower and Toompea Castle.
- Tartu. A great place for an adventurous or romantic getaway, Tartu is a rural town that is also home to some of the most interesting places to visit in Estonia, including the National Museum of Estonia and the Estonian Folk Museum.
- Haapsalu. A popular seaside resort, Haapsalu is another remarkable getaway that is known for its lovely medieval town square with admirable architecture such as the Haapsalu Castle, the Estonian Swedes Museum and the Laanemaa Museum.
- Hiiumaa Island. Estonia’s second biggest island, Hiiumaa Island houses many outstanding attractions like Kopu Lighthouse, Kassari Church, and Soru Museum.
- Saaremaa Island. The country’s largest island, Saaremaa Island is home to the stunning Kuressaare Castle, the best preserved medieval fortress in the Baltic region.