In our new Globe Trotter series, Viral Travel reviews all the best places to see, eat, and stay at, in every country of the world!
This week we visit: Germany
Although you would literally need months to catch a glimpse of everything Berlin has to offer, there are some attractions that you should definitely not miss.
Germany’s culturally-rich capital is packed with historically-significant monuments and museums, remarkable architecture and buzzing streets, so it’s hard to boil Berlin’s top tourist spots down to just five, but here’s a shot:
- The first thing you should see in Berlin is the famous Reichstag, the meeting place of the German parliament, where you can enjoy a fantastic panoramic view of the city. The Brandenburg Gate is located near the Reichstag, so this triumphal arch should be your next stop.
- Though you cannot miss it, you should definitely see the Berlin Television Tower, known as the Fernsehtrum in German. Easily recognizable, the tower is the tallest building in the city.
- The Museum Island is a must-see for all art and culture enthusiasts as the UNESCO World Heritage site is home to various museums, including the Altes Museum (Old Museum), the Neues Museum (New Museum) the Bode Museum, the Pergamon Museum and the Alte Nationalgalerie (Old National Gallery).
- The Berlin Wall Memorial is one of Berlin’s top tourist attractions which consists of the Memorial to the Victims of the Wall, a Documentation Centre and the Chapel of Reconciliation.
- Berlin Zoological Garden, the oldest and most famous zoo in Germany, features more than 1,500 species and over 20,000 animals, making the garden the most comprehensive zoo in the world.