In our new Globe Trotter series, Viral Travel reviews all the best places to see, eat, and stay at, in every country of the world!
This week we visit: Slovenia
Though Slovenia is a small Central European country, it contains many historic sites and natural beauties such as the Alpine mountains, thick forests and even a short coastline. Here are 5 beautiful places in this amazing country that everyone should visit:
- Ljubljana. Slovenia’s tiny capital is packed with stunning tourist attractions. Make sure to visit the city’s Old Town, as well as Ljubljana’s Castle whose clock tower boasts breath-taking views. Also, pay attention to the numerous pictures and statues of dragons as they portray the mythological origin of the city.
- Bled. The country’s most popular resort is famous for its fairy-tale appearance, and the marvelous gothic Bled Castle that is perched on the very edge of a cliff. Bled is a great town for people who are looking for more active holidays as it is ideal for cycling, canoeing, and hiking.
- Skocjan caves. The system of underground caves is a UNESCO World Heritage Site and takes pride in the highest cave hall in Europe. Home to at least 15 species of bat, the caves are abundant with impressive stalactites and stalagmites.
- Piran. The small coastal town of Piran which strongly resembles Italian towns is best known for the St Geroges Church, a remarkable tourist attraction that stands high on a hill and offers wonderful views of the town and bay.
- Soca Valley. An Alpine river in character, Soca flows from Triglav National Park to Nova Gorica between the Julian Alps. It’s the perfect place for people who enjoy extreme sports such as paragliding and rafting.